Jenna number 3

There are a few tried and trusted patterns in my collection and the Muse Jenna Cardi is fast becoming one of those.

I finished one version that Wendy of Sew Bias gifted me in merino and one version in cotton as a tester.

I still use the first version but its quite baggy and the sleeves a little long and large.  I graded the second version but unfortunately the cotton version just never sat right - I think the button band is too short (which I'm assuming is me and not the pattern).


Version 3 is also merino and in fabric I purchased especially for it from the fabric store in Auckland. Buttons from Made Marion (their button selection is wonderful).


I am standing like a puddin' in this picture (as no doubt my mother would say). But the cardi is comfy and best worn over a dress - but laziness won out in an effort to get all my makes photographed before our trip to Oz.


I sewed most of it up on my overlocker using grey thread.


Top stitched using my crappy machine and did the buttonholes on my good Janome.







Boom.  Another Jenna done!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siding stories

The great WSBN sewing room tour