Suessing another quilt



Contrary to evidence, I'm not a massive fan of quilting.  But the fabrics are so wonderfully bright and cheery - and they're stash from impulse purchases as well as the early days of sewing.  This is the second of my Dr Suess quilts from fabric purchased when a local quilting shop was going out of business.  I supplemented this with quite a bit of yellow to make up the full quilt top.  It makes use of my usual cheat of fleece as both backing and batting.



I think the quilting on this actually works quite well - I used wavy lines in every second piecing.



Excuse the wrinkles, I used spray adhesive to put the quilt top on the fleece backing so its still quite 'stuck' together.



I bought the fleece to use as blankets for our wedding with the intention of turning them into quilts afterwards so its nice to see it being used as intended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The great WSBN sewing room tour

Siding stories