One of the first things I managed to finish after BoJ's arrival was a shirt quilt. I'd cut out the pieces a while ago - recycled from a few old shirts (mine and BM's), a pair of PJs and fabric left over from an early dress.
I've made a few of these - but haven't blogged them yet. My straight line sewins is really coming along! I've even managed to iron the seams.
I machined sewed around the edge of every second square to quilt it. I used fleece as backing and padding and made my own binding.
I love the centre square as I managed to keep the pocket from one of my old shirts. I'm sure BoJ's will enjoy it when she 'discovers' it in future.