Sewing, cards, crochet, cross stitch, and other crafty randomness. An Irish girl on the other side of the world.
smoky houses
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I bought one of these pottery houses from stall on the stone bridge in Girona. I love the fact that you can open it up and light a incense cone. The smoke then comes out the chimney!
I love the idea of the incense coming out of the chimney. I have a pottery 'cover' which goes over a tea-light. I bought it when we went to Peru and as it's painted with a sort of a street scene the candle lights up all the house windows. It's lovely.
I've decided to update my look at least in blog terms. Crafty mermaid just doesn't feel 'me' any more. I've set up a new blog and look forward to seeing you there! https://sewmancer.blogspot.com/
I started this scarf on a road trip around the South Island of New Zealand with my parents and brother this Christmas. Though I was doing most of the driving, I knew there would be quite a bit of quiet downtime and wanted to bring a bright, colourful project along with me that was also portable. I finished the crocheting a few weeks ago but took ages to sew in the ends and block it. This was the first time I've blocked something and am really delighted with how professional the results look. My trusty iron and ironing board, an old towel (not sure why I couldn't use a good one - or if I should but it was a case of better safe than sorry), sewing pins and a spray bottle. The image below is the pre-blocked scarf. Really quite wobby and the final three images are my rather professional looking end product! Really rather delighted with my success and safely delivered to its new owner (even though its still summer here in New Z...
Its a beautiful sunny day here in Middle Earth and I managed to get bright photographs of my FINISHED picnic blanket - oh did I shout that? Terribly sorry and all that! I really love it and am so happy that I managed to stick with it over the six months it took to finish . I've been missing working on some crochet and can't seem to get into some unfinished cross stitch pieces I have lying around the place. My grandmother suggested at one point using the same colours I started with to finish this up but as I had gotten them in a kit for a scarf and was travelling through a number of continents with this blanket in tow (seriously, I think its seen more airports than the average Kiwi- the person, not the bird or fruit for that matter). But thankfully when I was thinking of how to finish it I found a colour very similar to my first and used that. So happy with it!
I love the idea of the incense coming out of the chimney. I have a pottery 'cover' which goes over a tea-light. I bought it when we went to Peru and as it's painted with a sort of a street scene the candle lights up all the house windows. It's lovely.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds lovely!
ReplyDelete