Thursday, February 18, 2016

Table Runner

I started a table runner for BM for our second anniversary in July.  But it took another 6 months for me to get around to finishing it.  I started to machine quilt the runner on the sewing retreat mid year but it wasn't working out for me so I decided to hand quilt instead using tips from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dy65AHdVZY



Some rather poorly shot photos (I'm away from home for a few months so these will just have to do as the record!).



The front...



The back...

The fabric is mostly quilting cotton from Stitchbird purchased and sewn up as table runners for our wedding and then repurposed into a more interesting, quilted and longer table runner for our home.  I got the batting from Made Marion and its just polyester stuff sewn together into a longer size.  I'd finished this before my brother's quilt because I wanted to practise the binding and am quite happy with it.  I ended up using a rather expensive amount of bias binding (about $35 worth) as I hadn't worked out that it didn't need to be bias binding to finish the edges.

Ah well, better late than never...


No comments:

Post a Comment