Slinky slips

You know that pattern that makes you feel slinky and sexy?  Something that when you put on you feel like sash-aying around the house.  Sexy while making tea?  Well, that's my Gertie Butterick 6031 slip.  If a pattern makes me feel this good, I had to make it up again (and again)...


The first version was made up in a slinky knit purchased in Mood in early 2015.


Along with elastic I purchased in the garment district in LA.


I used my sewing machine rather than overlocker and played with fold over elastic for the top of the back of the slip.  I'm not sure using my elastic stash was the best option here - I think I should have waited and bought something in Made Marion in red.



I love the cheeky slit at the bottom.

The second version was made in a Fabric A Brac purchase - which annoyingly it seems I never blogged so not sure when I bought it.  Not doing too bad on the Mood fabric making up though :)


I used quite wide lace on the end and for the middle cut out.


Picot elastic for the straps.


And left out the slit this time.



Liking them both but prefer the brighter fabric.  The only downside is the red elastic ran slightly and the bow and white fold over elastic aren't white anymore.  Though on the plus side fit better with the colour scheme ;)

Changes to pattern: No slit on the butterfly version.  Didn't bother with the loops for the straps on both and used different sized elastic to that recommended based on what I had in my stash.  Also didn't bother to put clear elastic behind the lace on the cup pieces and they still seem to be holding up ok.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The great WSBN sewing room tour

Siding stories