I finally finished it!!!
I first posted about my stripy quilt in July 2013 having gotten the Birds & Berries moda jelly roll by Lauren and Jessi Jung from my brother for Christmas 2012 - so this project has been a LONG time in the making.
I posted an update shot in Jan last year when I'd finished the front and pierced together a back and sandwiched in the batting.
In the interim I hand quilted the quilt and finally got around to sewing the binding on. In case you're wondering - it would have cost $400 to get the quilt professionally quilted and I wasn't quite up to paying for that given I'd forked out a $100 for the batting on top of the backing fabric and the white and teal for the front. The binding is in the same colour as the backing fabric. I hadn't realised you didn't need to use bias binding and could just cut strips of fabric to bind the quilt so that's what I ended up doing.
I still love the fabric strips. My brother done good. The quilt is queen sized and foolish for a first proper quilting project. However I had managed to do another 'quilt' in the mean time but it wasn't quilted and I just sewed the minky backing to the front and turned it inside out on that one.
Unfortunately the photos don't do it justice. I'm really pleased with the end result. Bright, colourful and cheery!