Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Butchers boy

 

I can't recall where this vintage pattern came from - but I've vague recollections of my mother giving it to me.  As that's standard Irish font in the bottom left corner, its a pretty good guess, I reckon.  

The kit contained the pre-cut pattern pieces (and a slightly mouldy smell!).
it even came with binding and elastic.


 

The finished items!  The apron is very light and probably could have benefitted from lining. But as I sewed it up in a sewing group I didn't have any to hand.  One of my house guests saw it when I came home - so its already got a good home to go to!


Why yes, that is a headband!  Its hilarious - very dinner lady.


Stunning, don't ya think?


Another project out - Its been very satisfying this year getting all the projects finished.  I also sewed up the cross stitch Christmas stocking but there's still a bit of work left to finish it and then find a name to cross stitch on the top.





2 comments:

  1. Fabulous eh?
    Those were the days, high fashion and scrubbing!!
    Love Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you did get it from your Mama! It was bought for a class of Primary School children more than 25 years ago!! That one must have been left over. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete