baby shorts

I tested a child's short pattern for Little Kiwi Closet - the Jogger Shorts.  The finished pattern looks lovely but I really haven't had a great time with the sizing for LP or her friends.


Photographing them was a mission in of itself!


LP would not stay still!



I made the simplest version up first and used encased elastic in the waistband.  The fabric was from Fabric a brac and is a green french terry without a lot of stretch.


The finished version was a little too plain for my liking so I added some applique by hand to the finished product.  These were 6-9 months (I think but could have been 9-12 I just can't remember when I finished them) and quite tight on LP at the time (despite her being in the size range).


Pair two have fake pockets and in the same fabric.  I used flannel cut on the bias for the pockets.  The faux fly was lenghtened in the final version and would probably look a little more polished than these.



Ok then round 3.  I made these in stretch pinstriped denim from stash with cotton lycra for the waist band.  I didn't quite have enough of the denim for the full pattern pieces so I pieced together one of the back leg pieces.  The cotton lycra is lovely quality and from Fabric Mail*




The faux pockets are fun.  But the space for nappies is lacking.  I compared it with a pair of shorts that fit LP really well and the relationship between the back rise and the front is very different.  I suspect the pattern would be better for non-nappy children!  A bit disappointing given the number of makes I've made.  



* affliate link :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belated October Post

New homes