Woolly blankets



After finishing a mammoth blanket last year and the mid sized blanket in that post too, I still had some left over wool I needed to use up.  I used a hexagon pattern with a bubble stitch and mixed up the colours on most of the hexs.  Really pleased with how it turned out but the sewing in of the ends was an absolute pain.  





It felt immensely satistfying to finish off the balls.


Although I did end up with quite a few pink ones so have put those aside with some other wool for a currently on the hook blanket make. 



The bubble stitch is fun - I don't think the photos do it justice as the 3D element is a nice addition.  Below is the back- hopefully you can see the difference.


I also finished a buggy blanket for our daughter just before she was born (and I do mean just before as I was finishing it hooking and sewing in ends at the start of labour! Thankfully it was finished in time and kept her toasty on the way home from the hospital).


I used Attic 24's ripple pattern here and some baby wool from Knit world in Wellington.  So far is wearing great.  Colours are more true to life in the second photo but its also a lot more snuggly than it looks in that photo too!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread Maker

Some things just have to come home with me

LA LA land