US Fabric haul and my pilgrimage to mood


Its been months but I've managed to download my photos of my fabric (and other bits) haul from the US.  I've started cutting up some of these and turning them into clothes so it would be good to actually post so I can figure out where they came from.  I seem to have focused on lace more than I have before.  I think the black lace should make a nice sleeve for a top (especially a raglan top or cardi like Muse's Sophie).  Purchased at Mood Fabrics.


Cotton voile - destined to become a top. Purchased at Mood Fabrics.


Another cotton voile also destined to be a top at some top.  Thinking Colette's Sorbetto free pattern perhaps.  I have to rework this pattern before I make it up again - I've made it here but its gaping at the neckline.  From my reading of the internet, it seems I have a hollow chest :) Purchased at Mood Fabrics.


A very light lacy fabric.  I've already cut this out and its on its way to be a blank canvas tee.  Should be great to wear over a basic T.  I've made this pattern a few time and really love this version. Purchased at Mood Fabrics.


Slinky viscose. I have plans to turn this into a Gertie's Slip.  I really love the other one I've made. Purchased at Mood Fabrics.


This is going to be a pencil skirt - self drafted definitely, like this one.  I've already made another one that fits since I've lost weight from that version and really like it.  (Just in time for a self draft challenge run by The Takahe Bites as part of the WSBN).  Purchased at Mood Fabrics.


A cotton knit fabric.  Going to be some sort of top - not sure what yet.  I've been making up a few SBCC Tonic Tees but I think I want to try something else with this fabric.  Purchased at Mood Fabrics.


A few stickers from the LA Sticker Market.  Fantastic selection.  Of course, I really didn't need to buy any of them!


Stretchy lace from the LA Garment District.  Some of these are for that Gertie Slip and others are for my seemingly eternal hunt for a good panties pattern (I'm not so great about managing to work these up properly without over or under stretching the lace or fabric).


Very very cheap thread from Michael Levines.



And a serious amount of things from Joanne's and rather other locations around LA.  I bought a binding foot - still have yet to use it.  Haven't had time to do a lot of sewing since I've gotten back.  Its my busy half of the year in work.  :(
Wonder tape - soluble tape to keep fabric together for fiddly bits and slinky fabrics
Double pins - basically a U shaped pin to keep my seam joins nice and neat
Long glass head pins - so I don't need up melting them when I iron
Ironing stick thing - silicone fingery thing.  I'm not sure this will be as good as hoped and might be more use for quilters.
Stay tape for shoulders in knit garments
Three sets of tubes and sticks to turn fabric straps inside out
Hem guide large and small
Cutting wheels for a rotatory cutter
Nice metal zip from Mood
Janome binding sewing machine foot
Chalk pens (yellow and white)
circle silicone pads to help with hand sewing (hopefully for my strip quilt which I will get back to at some time!)
3 colouring pens



And finally a Game of Thrones Winter is Coming ornament.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The great WSBN sewing room tour

Elementary my dear Watson