Mabels and Espressos


I've been on a bit of a knit spree.  I've made a matching set of Espresso leggings and two Mabel skirts.


I love the kick pleat on the Mabel skirt.  Such a comfy pattern.  Though the fabric doesn't have a lot of recovery so the waistband tends to grow over the day.  I really needed to put an elastic in the waistband.


So pleased with all four pieces.  The espresso leggings are such a great pattern (that's my notes with the pattern above!)- you print it out and measure yourself.  Then match up your measurements to the dots on the pattern and viola - you have a personalised pattern!  I left an exposed waist band and deliberately have it sitting on my natural waist - which is ridiculously high.

 

The second Mabel was a bit clingy so I self lined it.  The fabric is very stretchy so my double stitch on the hem has already popped a few times.  I need to unpick and sew it using a zigzag instead.


Fabrics
Leggings: spotlight - cotton with some spandex for recovery and stretch
Mabel 1: Grey pinstrip - Fabric-a-brac fabric (not sure what its made from)
Mabel 2: donated to me by another Fabric Hoarder.  Not sure what is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bread Maker

Some things just have to come home with me

LA LA land