Pioneer Town, Joshua Tree Park and Palm Springs


I was lucky enough to get out of LA on this trip.  I went out into the desert and visited pioneertown.

Such a completely different environment to both NZ and Ireland.

Pioneer town was created as a film set but was kept running as a tourist destination.

The post office is the most photographed post office in the US - much cuteness.

I also managed to make it to the Joshua Tree National Park.  Amazing location.

The Joshua Trees were so strange and it seems that I was lucky enough to be there when some of trees and other plants were flowering.
 
 
 
 

You can also see the San Andrea's Fault from the park.  The haze is a combination of smog and heat!
 
 
 

I stayed with a colleague who's cat has some interesting drinking habits.

I also went on an interesting side trip to Palm Springs.  It really doesn't fit with the rest of the surrounding landscape - far too green.  But I loved the MidCentury Modern style.
 

There was a tonne of antique shops - some with great finds and others far too creepy...

I also went up in the cable car to the top of the local Mountain.  Wellington's cable car wins on cuteness but this one covered some serious ground.
 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The great WSBN sewing room tour

Elementary my dear Watson