the making of a flag
My mother was a little horrified that I was making a union jack - but BM needed a new cushion and I had scraps to make this. The 'white' (read white with blue stripes and flowers) was an old shirt with some stains elsewhere. The 'blue' was from a sheet ala the Salvation Army op shop. The 'red' is a yard of fabric I bought ages ago in Spotlight. I even had the zipper already (from the Salvation Army too).
Measuring out the pieces and testing if a white 'white' would look ok. The cushion underneath was BM's old one for the TV room and was getting very ragged around the edges. I really like how this turned out. Unfortunately I messed up on the sizing and had to make a new cushion inset for it too as I ended up smaller on one dimension than the old one to get all the sections to line up. Of course in the end the cushion didn't end up in the TV room at all. We moved the current cushions from the living room in there and this is now in the living room where one of our cats was kind enough to model it!