harems and tees


I've been on a baby harem pant making spree.  They're just so quick to make and seem so comfy for the little person.


The black pair above is nuyarn merino from Levana and these the other harem pants are Little Kiwi Closet Hip Hop Harem Pants.  The teal pair below is nuyarn merino for the teal and I would guess cotton lycra for the bands from Fabric A Brac, specially purchased for the little person with her in tow.


I also made a matching long sleeve tee from the Sew NZ Easy Neck Tee pattern.  I messed up on the front pattern piece (I blame my sleep deprived state at the time) and cut the fold on the wrong side.  Quick fix however (thank God for stretch knit fabric) and I just serged up the centre front and continued as normal.



I had a play with my coverstitch machine and much prefer the finish (but still haven't figured out how to get it working consistently for me!).


The final harem pair is merino also from Levana - I made a Tshirt for myself with the fabric and this from the leftovers so one side was pieced together rather than being cut in a single piece.  


I prewash all my fabric on the 'normal' machine setting I use - and the funky honeycomb effect is what was created.  I quite like it.  Though the same thing happened to the fabric I used for my Tshirt.  I knew it would end up in the main wash at some point and I didn't want to have to be too precious about my own or baby wear.  That said, LP wore the teal pants once and I soaked them before washing and the fabric disintegrated - weird!  I rescued the bands and cut another pair from the fabic I had leftover.  I've been careful to not presoak buyarn or merino since then.


Patterns: Easy Neck Tee - A TnT baby pattern for me but sizing is a bit of guess with a lot of children's clothes I've found.  LP is sizing up a few months on this pattern.
Hip Hop Harem Pants - another TnT baby pattern at this stage for me. LP has had a lot of wear out of the onces I've made and they look so comfy.  Again its so hard to gauge the sizing.  The black pair used the lower crotch but I've opted for the higher crotch on the recent pairs even though LP uses both disposable and cloth nappies.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The great WSBN sewing room tour

Elementary my dear Watson