Coming towards the end of summer and my pregnancy I started to run out of clothes that fit. I really hadn't factored in that unless you buy or make tents they mightn't last the full pregnancy. Doh!
This fabric with the embroidery was a gift from BM's Pakistani friends from a trip home. Its a lovely light Weight cotton. I used cashmerettes Springfield top and extended the length. (http://www.cashmerette.com/)
I had two lengths of the fabric - one with the embroidery and another without but a slight darker colourway. So I was able to have a little fun with the binding. To keep the embroidery intact I seamed the front.
I wish this pattern had front darts (and not just bust ones) as I normally find it very shapeless -though the back is lovely due to the extra seaming there.
And bonus handkerchiefs with the leftover cotton. I practiced my rolled hem (so proud!)