sewing machine cover


I am so so pleased by this make.  Its a cover for my Toyota (piece of crap) sewing machine.  But at least this way it looks pretty when I'm not using it.

Its a quilting cotton (that I love but can't remember where its from) and reinforced with stiff interfacing.  Its also lined and has a side pocket for the pedal.



Such a major improvement over the tattered plastic crappy cover that came with the machine (which most definitely did NOT have a pedal pocket).


I even like how the handle hole in the top turned out (I cut it out with flaps and then folded them back on the outside and the interfacing and sewed it up in a rather odd manner - as it the rest of the cover was already done - so I was sewing in the bottom of the cover!).


I love how it has some stiffness to it even minus sewing machine.  I used the original plastic cover as a pattern (and ripped it up in the process) - but unfortunately the handle hole should have been a bit more to the left.  Live and learn - never trust poorly designed pieces as a proper 'pattern'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siding stories

The great WSBN sewing room tour