winter solstice



It was a while ago now but I only just managed to download my photographs.  I celebrated the winter solstice on a trip.  I find the winters in New Zealand especially long without something in the middle to celebrate (like Christmas).  So the solstice was an obvious step.


I hadn't planned on making a very big deal of it but I did want to mark it in some way.  To think about the future, say goodbye to the past and acknowledge the present.  I lit three candles and also bought three stones (I suppose the correct term is crystals), just the ones that I liked when I was browsing.  As it turned out three of my co-trippers were around when we had our celebration and I gifted one to each of them.  I love the coincidence of it :)  The stones I bought were Opalite, Mt St Helen Obsidian and Malachite.


One of my co-trippers also read our tarot (this one is mine).  It was a such a lovely, chilled and reflective evening.  I hope this starts a tradition I'll stick to!
 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some things just have to come home with me

LA LA land

baby cardis (or destashing the stash)