Friday, October 22, 2010

Dali








Some photos from my visit to the Dali Museum all the way back in June.  It was strange to see what caught my eye on the day.  I'm not a fan of Dali in general and wasn't particularly moved or excited by most of the stuff in the museum.  The building was fun and I liked some of the ideas - viewing the face through a frame and the skull on the bottle.  But it wasn't setting my world on fire - that is until I got to the jewellery section!  Stunning, amazing, intricate, surprizing, I could go on.  Unfortunately that part of the museum was fairly dark so not pix to expound upon.  The picture above of the heart shows one of the coolest pieces - the centre moved by contracting and expanding simulating a heart beat.  It was breath taking.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your pictures of the Dali Museum - a place I've never visited. It looks really interesting - I find Dali fascinating but creepy! The heart sounds amazing..
    Have a great weekend.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete