Moving on UP in the World Sweet World

I went to see UP last night with BM.   Very very cute!  Go see the trailer if you don't believe me :)


 (image via http://wearemoviegeeks.com/)
I loved the colours of the balloons and the house was super cute.  Actually I'd live in it in heartbeat!  It reminds me of the houses in Wellington.  I still think that a strong wind should be able to move one of the wooden houses in Wellington so a balloon powered house wasn't that much of a stretch for me. I'm convinced they've made them out of cardboard, No. 8 wire (a kiwi speciality) and some duct tape.  They're still fantastically cute though!  I want my next blanket (yup, still not finished the first one) to be these colours or at least something really bright.

I also stumbled onto a copy of world sweet world - a locally produced zine.  Its got some interesting stuff in there about building your own bicycle and information about a stitch and bitch in a local pub.  I might head along there next week as my sewing classes haven't started back up again and I'm going to have to start talking to someone about my sewing/crocheting/etc. The zine even has balloons on the cover!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some things just have to come home with me

LA LA land

baby cardis (or destashing the stash)